Data privacy is of high importance for STEP Enterprises and we want to be open and transparent with our processing of your personal data.
We therefore have a policy setting out how your personal data will be processed and protected on http://step.com.mt
Purpose of this privacy notice
This Notice aims to give you information on how STEP, as defined above, collects and processes your personal through your access and use of the Website, including any data you may provide via the Site, such as when using the contact us form or when you use any of our services.
The Website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this Notice, together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you, so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This Notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Moreover, certain processing activities will require your express consent in order to be carried out, as specifically indicated below in this Notice.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
Kindly note that information relating to a legal person (for example, a company or legal entity) does not amount to personal data in terms of applicable data protection and privacy law. In that regard, the definition of personal is strictly limited to information which relates to a natural person.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
• Identity Data includes your first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender. This will form part of any account that you may register on the Website.
• Contact Data includes your address, email address and telephone numbers.
• Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Site.
• Usage Data includes information about how you use the Website, products and services.
• Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific feature of the Site. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this Notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
• Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by making an inquiry or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
• apply, or place an order for and/or purchase any of our products or services;
• request marketing to be sent to you;
• use the contact form on our Website; or
• give us some feedback.
• Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with the Site, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technologies.
• Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
• Technical Data from the following parties:
(a) analytics providers;
(b) advertising networks; and
(c) search information providers.
• Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
• Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
See below to find out more about the types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your personal data.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.